Friday, April 10, 2015

I used to practice my acting

I used to...
I used to practice my roles - my lines, my emotions, my texts, my acting - randomly, during the day, just to check how my heart and my tears were still connected, my imagination and my smile still in tune.
"It is useful", I used to think, for this was the nature of my work.
I was wrong.
I am not an actress anymore, and it IS useful, it still is, for this is the nature of my LIVING.

Today I repeated (still know it by heart) a text I performed 10 years ago (10 years!) and I felt all the emotions, the changes, the nuances, the fragile excitement, the deep suffering (yes, it was a tragic play), and I cried, and I lived again that woman's life, in Lebanon, in the post war. Can't remember her name... but she came to visit me today, how unexpected! How magically unexpected.
Grateful for my life and all it's richness. 
Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment